Saturday, December 17, 2011

Updates

Inky (our stray stalker kitty) has been living with Chris, Jeremy's Twin, for more than a month now. Turns out she is a he, and that he loves living inside particularly with Chris.

Several weeks ago we finished our kitchen update, but like a bad blogger I am just now supplying you with pictures.

The light fixture is from Ikea, and the underside of the soffit is navy blue (Valspar - Night Shift). There was some speculation that I had chosen some shade of purple when the paint was still wet, but it is like blueberries the blueberries are blue (the dry color) but the juice (wet paint) looks a little purple. (Up next: painting the cabinets, I only have to convince my husband it will be worth all the work.)

We also hosted an awesome surprise birthday party for Amanda's husband, Patrick. It was way too fun, and I love all of our friends!

Last weekend,  we were able to witness the marriage of my college friend Elizabeth to her high school boyfriend (Michael) Silver. It was a beautiful and light hearted ceremony that suited them both. Elizabeth was is a beautiful bride, inside and out. I was able to play double duty as friend and florist, which was fun for me. When I put up flower pictures for work I will show you too. 

It was like a mini college reunion! It was wonderful to see my Olivet friends and roommates. 

And yesterday I traveled to Kansas City to visit my dad. I flew through O'Hare and got a beautiful view of the city and all its lights at night (I tried to capture it but it doesn't do the view justice). 


No comments:

Post a Comment