Sunday, October 30, 2011

I've been busy

Since you probably don't want to read about the paper I've been writing {although if you want to know about how grade 12 extended contructed-responce NEAP items correlate with NCTM process standards just let me know because I have an 8 page paper for you to read}, I will show you some of the other things I've been up to.
Inspiration: Bird Cage Light
via Pinterest

My Version: Butterflies with
amazing shadows 










We also painted our hallway, entry and living room. We used Valspar's Cincinnatian Hotel Nichols Taupe and I love it!
Hi John, I mean Jeremy
See how much warmer and better the walls
look wearing taupe than all that white

We also removed some cabinets in our kitchen. This opened up the space but also displaced an item or two. Our plan is to add shelving to the now freed up all to hold and display my Fiesta ware. We will also paint the "ceiling" part of the soffit some color {well I'm 98% sure it will be some shade of Navy} for a pop. 

In progress: it's hard to tell from the picture but this really
changed the feel of the kitchen. 
Before: Look at that amazing wife cooking dinner

In progress: Ignore the many items on the counter {they have since
 found homes}, but can you see how it is much more open? 

p.s. My husband is so awesome. He came home from work on Thursday and I said, "Hey, lets take out these cabinets" and he smiled and grabbed his tool box.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8.11.11

    Real cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11.11.11

    I love the new kitchen! It does look way more open without those cabinets. And how awesome that Jeremy just comes home and does it! amazing. I really like it a lot and can't wait to see it painted like you talked about. And i love the lamp shade!! Super cool. Like you : )

    ReplyDelete